Friday, December 10, 2004

A Pound, an Ounce, Anagram


Toyota in the witness protection program

First time I've seen this variation. Seen Toy, seen Yo, but never seen the Maori Warrior/Happy Gene Simmons face before. So I tip my hat to the "GATE GUY" (his personalized plate) but I wish him busier times in his various roles of fixer, affixer, or keeper of the gate.
Takes me way back to the rotted-out 68 Mustang I had at age 16. I switched/discarded the MUSTANG letters on the trunk 'till they said G U T S, in what I believed to be an act of divine guidance, all the while fearing everyone else would do the same. But, to this day I've rarely seen car logos bastardized, and I'm kind of disappointed. Not counting the Toyota trucks, the only other sightings have been:

Land Rover DISCO VERY

Izusu POOPER

...but that's what I get for living in West Hollywood.


Here's a few closely-enough related tidbits I lifted from Wordsmith.org

TOUAREG is an anagram for - OUTRAGE

I wonder how well the ROLLS-ROYCE SILVER MIST sold in Germany, given that, in German, "MIST" means "MANURE."

The Mitsubishi PAJERO is sold in Spain under a different name because in Spanish vernacular it means something like WANKER.

Buick recently had to change the name of the LaCROSSE in Canada because it is French-Canadian slang for, (ahem) MASTURBATION.


And finally, my favorite, which may or may not apply to their unrequested contribution to the SUV pile :

VOLVO is Latin for "I ROLL".

No comments: